Disputing negative feedback from the seller
Most issues are resolved with good communication. We've got some tips to help you get things sorted.
1. Check you’ve met your obligations
We expect sellers to:
- Describe items, and answer questions, fully and accurately.
- Send payment instructions in a reasonable timeframe.
- Get items shipped as soon as possible – within a week of receiving payment and delivery info.
See the Code of Conduct – for more info on what's expected during a trade.
2. Contact the buyer
Most problems are resolved by contacting the buyer – don't place retaliatory feedback. It’s also a good idea to check that your contact details are up to date.
- Let them know why you feel the feedback is unfair.
- Find out what the problem is.
- Try to come to an agreement to resolve any issues.
3. File a feedback dispute
If you can’t resolve things with the buyer directly, we may be able to help.
We recommend checking out our Feedback policy, before disputing feedback. We don’t remove feedback that doesn't breach our policies.
When filing a feedback dispute, attach relevant info – such as screenshots and proof of payment – to help your case.
File a dispute report
Thank you for your feedback!