It is your responsibility to ensure you are legally allowed to sell any items you list, this includes ensuring that the item doesn't infringe anyone else's rights (for example, intellectual property rights like copyright or trade mark rights).
You must also abide by the following listing policies:
- Items must be accurately represented and listings must be placed in the most appropriate category.
- The main photo on your listing (i.e the one that displays in search results and first on your listing) must contain the product you’re selling.
- You may have up to 10 listings for identical items for sale at any one time, excluding the ‘Electronics & photography’ and 'Sports' category, where you may only have 1 listing per identical item.
- If you list variations of an otherwise identical item, such as different colours or sizes, then you must use Multi Variant Listings ("MVL") unless you have received prior written approval from Trade Me to create separate listings.
- You may not offer to sell additional items outside of Trade Me or list a per item price.
- Listings must be for the sale of an actual item (excluding listings in rentals and flatmates) and must not be purely for advertising purposes including offering services.
- Listings must be used for a specific item or service, including listings for a vehicle, property or job, and cannot be used for multiple or generic items. You cannot edit listings to re-list or re-use them for a different item or service.
- Listings should not include any contact details, except where asked for in the listing process.
- 'Keyword spamming' to manipulate search results is not allowed.
- All prices should be in New Zealand dollars and include all applicable GST (if any).
- Shipping charges should not be inflated for profit, and must be a fair and reasonable reflection of the actual packaging and postage costs.
- Listing an item is a commitment to sell it through Trade Me – you may not withdraw an item because it has not reached the price you wanted.
- Listings fees and success fees are to be paid by the seller. You may not add these fees or other fees onto the winning bid amount.
Trade Me reserves the right to remove any listings that are in breach of the terms and conditions or these listing policies. Trade Me also reserves the right to remove items off the homepage at its sole discretion.
Thank you for your feedback!