Information for intellectual property rights holders
Want to know what intellectual property means for you as a seller? We can help.
We work directly with hundreds of brands and rights holders as part of our intellectual property rights (IPR) programme.
If you’re a brand owner or IPR holder, and believe a listing infringes your rights, please contact us. We have an established process in place for IP owners.
If you’re an IP rights holder and need to inform us about a breach – get in touch.
What we need from you
- Proof of the IPR you hold (e.g. IPONZ registration, registered patents, etc).
- Providing proof helps prevent back-and-forth claims between competitors.
What does Trade Me do?
- We offer guidance for sellers, to help them make sure their listings don’t breach others’ IP.
- Members can report listings via Community Watch – these are reviewed and actioned by our Trust and Safety team.
- If a listing that breaches IP is brought to our attention – we’ll remove it from the site.
- Trade Me doesn't enforce distribution agreements.
Find out how we protect your IP – and how to report a breach.